May 17, 2009

At the Close of the Day

Drove up Depot Lane to the Sound... there were clouds in the sky and it looked as though a colorful evening might develop. Off to my right I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye and with my zoom maxed out was able to shoot a seal, it's face to the sun, head and tail in the air. The atmosphere was very clear as the Connecticut shore line could be seen beyond the seal 17 miles away on the horizon. A very short time later the sun touched the sea then disappeared in a few minutes. Such a satisfying close of the day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sunset pictures are gorgeous! The seal picture is funny; he's just lying on that rock sunning himself.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great picture, MK. It reminded me of my son's Alaska seal pictures I published not too long ago. Check them out if you get a chance (April 30th and May 1st posts--marked on sidebar under ALASKA).

Betsy

latin_girl87 said...

I"m jealous that you get to hang out in such a beautiful place!:) Glad to see your still enjoying the area though. Must be nice with the weather warming up! P.S. Click click lol

Lillian Robinson said...

Beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing.

Pollyanna said...

I love it. I wish I lived closer to some place like this. Being in mid-america, my water view is the muddy Mississippi - not even close.

BTW - I have a little something for you at my gardening blog. Stop by for your award.

http://goofygardener.blogspot.com/2009/05/you-like-me.html